Join us this November in Berlin for our annual lisk.js event. You can expect everything from learning how to code with Lisk’s SDK, to educational keynotes from blockchain industry insiders and networking sessions. Whether you are a developer, community member, or a blockchain enthusiast, the event’s program has something for you.
Get in-depth knowledge of the Lisk SDK by taking part in workshops and coding challenges.
Stay up-to-date on blockchain technology with talks from Lisk-based projects and industry experts.
Make connections in the Lisk ecosystem and the Berlin blockchain scene.
◴ 12:00 - 13:00
Grab your goodie bag at the registration desk and enjoy a large variety of pizza.
◴ 13:00 - 13:30
Prior to the hands-on developer workshops, there will be a short introduction to the Lisk SDK and custom transactions.
◴ 13:30 - 15:30
Choose between one of two hands-on development workshops starting at 13:00.
Lisk.bike Workshop: Learn about the eco-friendly blockchain use-case built by our Lisk developer community in the Netherlands.
SDK Use Case Lab: Discover how to apply the Lisk SDK to a real-world blockchain use case. Learn how to put together a Raspberry Pi, photoresistor, humidity sensor, and custom transactions to create a decentralized supply chain tracking system using the Lisk SDK!
◴ 15:30 - 16:00
Enjoy tasty donuts and coffee.
◴ 16:00 - 18:00
Attend the coding challenges and win one of the three prizes.
◴ 18:00 - 18:30
Enjoy drinks and finger-food with the Berlin developer community.
◴ 18:30 - 18:45
Lisk founders will open the event with their welcoming talk.
◴ 18:45 - 19:00
Prize Winners Announcement
The prize winners from the SDK workshop challenges will be announced on the stage at this time.
◴ 19:00 - 19:20
The fairest of them all? An overview of Lisk’s newly researched DPoS algorithm
Our researchers will discuss main properties and objectives of the new DPoS mechanism to:
1. Disincentivize coalitions
2. Make it open and fair while lowering the barrier to entry
3. Offer vote flexibility
4. Enable efficiency to process the votes
◴ 19:20 - 19:50
1. P2P network scalability: Introduction to partial mesh network topology
2. Network security: How we use mechanisms like eviction, scores and penalties to mitigate network attacks
3. Software testing: One guideline to test them all - a different approach to software testing
4. Micro-services: Supporting blockchain-based products with service-oriented architecture
◴ 19:50 - 20:00
Questions on Lisk platform, Lisk SDK, and research will be collected throughout the break and answered during the subsequent panel discussion.
◴ 20:00 - 20:30
The panel discussion will consist of a Q&A session with the Research & Development teams answering questions collected throughout the break.
◴ 20:30 - 21:00
Lisk Ecosystem Presentations
1. Lisk Center Utrecht: The blockchain hub of the Netherlands
2. Sidechain Solutions: Valuable solutions for growing the Lisk Ecosystem
3. GNY: Next generation predictive machine-learning platform
◴ 21:00 - 23:00
Networking with Drinks & Music
Enjoy drinks and good music with local developers, the Lisk community and team.
More details to be revealed!
lisk.js 2019 will host top-tier speakers working on Lisk and in the blockchain industry. We will announce more experts later.