Who is the LIP Editor?
- The LIP editor is a representative of the Lisk Foundation, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- The LIP editor has the responsibility to ensure every LIP meets all the requirements stated in the LIP Purpose and Guidelines and makes the final decision on whether to merge a LIP into the LIPs repository.
We have updated the LIP Guidelines. Here are the main points of change:
- The guidelines for reaching the status "Proposed" and for proposing a change to the network are less strict
- A LIP reaches the status "Final" if it is implemented on the chain that is decided to be the Lisk blockchain by the Lisk Foundation.
- The decision criteria of the Lisk Foundation are made more precise. Decisions with regard to instructing a third party to implement a LIP are based on technical and scientific arguments, feasibility and the objectives of the Lisk Foundation. Decisions with regard to accepting changes/forks are based on several factors, including the acceptance of nodes, delegates and exchanges. You can find the full version of LIP guidelines here.