We are Olivier Beddows and Max Kordek, CTO and CEO of Lisk. Most of you probably know us from the Crypti Foundation in which we were active members over the past year.
At the end of the year 2015 it became clear that the ideologies between us and other foundation members were drifting apart, and towards the end of the year the motivation within the foundation also dropped to a low and we were forced to change something. We proposed a new Crypti which would be developed completely open source and in a public manner by individual community and foundation members. We summarized our wishes and plans in a proposal and discussed it in one of the languorous board meetings we had every week. You can read our proposal here.
The majority of the Crypti Foundation didn’t want to follow our proposal and therefore we forked Crypti in order to keep this awesome concept and project alive, fortunately the MIT license of Crypti allows this. Together with you we want to take the code base to the next level, we call the project Lisk.
In order to make our ambitions a reality we spent the last three weeks preparing everything we needed. This allowed us to approach the community with a full testnet ecosystem already in place, making the Lisk ICO probably the most complete crypto-currency ICO in history. Right from the start we offer many tools and services to you.
- Many public and open source GitHub repositories
- A live testnet with a testnet faucet to try out the awesome Lisk features
- A testnet blockchain explorer with many features
- Community chat and collaboration platform to get your feedback
Over the time the ICO is running we will prepare all clients, tools, services and documentation for you.
- Lisk client for Mac OS and Linux
- Lisk Lite client for Windows and Mac OS
- Docker container for Lisk
- Lisk Rake (node deployment tool, formerly CryptiKit)
- Installation and Dapps documentation
- Delegate Handbook (to close the gap between delegate registration and node deployment)
- Lisk Dapps SDK
- Lisk CLI
- And once the ICO is over, everything what was running on a testnet before will switch over to the final mainnet (network, faucet, blockchain explorer)
A bit more information about us:
Olivier Beddows is a full stack developer with over 15 years experience in developing web based e-commerce applications. He joined Crypti (Lisk’s predecessor) in early 2015 as a tools developer, and since then he has gone on to develop much of the core infrastructure on which Lisk relies upon. He is a husband, father, cycling enthusiast, open-source advocate, and works tirelessly to build a better future for the Lisk platform everyday.
We hope you stay with us to build Lisk into something amazing. More information regarding the ICO will follow soon.
See you in our next blog post!